Innovation in procurement: Alfaparf Milan is among the winners of The Procurement Awards 2022
Osio Sotto (BG, Italy), September 30th, 2022
Alfaparf Milano Group is among the winners of The Procurement Awards 2022, a prestigious Italian contest in the world of Procurement.
Alfaparf Milano's Global Purchasing Department won the top prize for the second consecutive year: in 2021 in the Ethical and Sustainable Purchasing category, this year in the Innovation in Purchasing category.
The "Semi di Lino - No Metal" project presented at the competition concerns the elimination of metallization in the packaging of the Semi di Lino line and is a concrete example of the Group's firm commitment to transform the difficulties generated by the crisis into opportunities to create value. Specifically, the project:
- Was developed with the involvement and cooperation of all departments and was the result of great teamwork by all #alfaparfpeople
- It generated process (Lead-time) and product (Quality) improvement
- Led to a decrease in CO2 emissions
- Has enabled a significant reduction in costs
- Is replicable in other manufacturing plants
Always working towards the pursuit of "All-round Sustainability," even in a very complex period due to supply uncertainty and generalized price increases, the elimination of the superfluous allowed for business continuity while simultaneously achieving a reduction in costs and environmental impacts.